Tuesday 5 July 2016

Bardot in Barcelona


Barcelona is (so far) one of my favourite cities. Since I spent my teenage years living in Poole by the seaside, I feel at home on a beach but at the same time I love the hustle and bustle of city life. Barcelona is a glorious concoction of the two. 

After finding some decently priced flights and an adorable but very cheap Airbnb, the boy and I made our way to the wonderful city. Even though I had been before and after spending an additional 4 days there, I still feel like I haven't seen it all. 

Guess I'll have to make my way back there soon. 


We touched down in Barcelona at midday and headed straight to the beach. Turns out two of our pals were enjoying their last day there so we went to meet them for some drinks on the sand. 

When you lay back on Barcelona beach, basking in the rays, the air is filled with shouts of 'Mojito! Mojito!' 'Cold beer!' 'You want massage?' You get used to it and eventually zone it out but I witnessed something that I don't think I'll ever be able to zone out. 

On the afternoon of our second day I was starting to feel the need for a sugary snack. Trying to muster up the energy to walk to the local shop, a dull ringing caught my attention. I sat up and looked around, trying to detect the foreign sound. In the horizon, I saw a topless male shimmying along the beach with some sort of pyramid balanced on his head. As he got closer, I noticed he was carrying a triangle in his hand and was playing it with enthusiasm whilst singing out of tune. I also noticed the object on his head was a pyramid made of stacked up doughnuts. I couldn't believe my eyes. Not only were my prayers for saturated fat answered, I couldn't believe the talent this guy had. Moves like Jagger? Check. The ability to play the underrated instrument? Check. Balance like a tightrope walker? Check. I was feeling truly inspired. And still hungry. 

Whilst in awe of the marvel in front of me, I missed my chance to get my sugar rush. God damn. That was until the boy spotted him making his way back up the beach towards us with only three doughnuts to spare. 'Run James, run!' I yelled. And boy did he run. He returned with the final golden doughnut in hand. It was delicious. 

Anyway, on to the outfit. 



This ruffle rainbow top of dreams is from ASOS and it's in the sale! See how it emphasises my slightly pink shoulder? Stunning. But for real, this top adds a little somethin' somethin' to the overly saturated off-shoulder top market. 

I decided to clash prints to distract from my sunburn with this zebra print skirt from Zara and my favourite little fluffy bag from River Island. 


I wear my white Birkenstocks nearly everyday come summer, so I wanted to shake things up a bit with some black sandals and found these Eeight beauties (also in the sale) on ASOS. 


I'm obsessed with them even though they gave me scabs and emphasise my bizarre toes. 

Until next time. 

Image Map
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. "Absolutely loving this look! 😍 The combination of colors and patterns is so on point. It's the perfect blend of elegance and edge. And those accessories are the cherry on top - they really tie the whole outfit together. You're setting major style goals here!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read any comments from anyone who has read my post! Also, if you subscribe it would be greatly appreciated! Sonia xxx

© The Glitter Den. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig